Monday, July 12, 2010

Why do we have ENVY in this world?

FROM http://www.allwords.com/word-envy.html
Etymology: Existing since the thirteenth century: from envieFrench, envie, from invidiaLatin, invidia, from invidereLatin, invidere, "look at with malice".


FROM
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/envy
en·vy (nv)
n. pl. en·vies
1.
a. A feeling of discontent and resentment aroused by and in conjunction with desire for the possessions or qualities of another.
b. The object of such feeling: Their new pool made them the envy of their neighbors.
2. Obsolete Malevolence.
tr.v. en·vied, en·vy·ing, en·vies
1. To feel envy toward.
2. To regard with envy.

FROM Wikipedia:
In Religion

Envy is one of the Seven deadly sins of the Christian Church. The Book of Exodus [Exo 20:17] states: "You shall not covet your neighbor house; you shall not covet your neighbor wife, or male or female slave, or ox, or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor."

In Islam, envy (Hassad in Arabic) can destroy one's good deeds. Therefore, one must be content with what God has given to them by saying Maashallah (God has willed it).

----

Until now, I can't comprehend why there are people who are envious of my state. My mom died two years ago. I dont have good work..I am just enjoying my stay because of my students.. my awards are not my awards..those are the honor duly given to my students..not mine..

As we were talking about this, we were surprised that almost all events that was happening for the past four or five years are pointing back at me..all were happening because of some stupid person who thinks his/her insecure maybe because I was loved by others or because I have some triumphs and victories or maybe because I am to be married sooner..

What's wrong with his/her life, he/she got a good married life..loving spouse who earns enough or maybe more than enough and loving kids.

Or maybe because I was loved by my in laws or maybe i am enjoying my life now.

Well at least i am not hurting anyone. and i am not getting credits of others. He/she was..i have good ideas or maybe better for our unit, and i thought he/she was proud of it..and he/she was until she owns everything i said, everything i contributed..

Now, who's lonely and alone?

I'm not..I have friends. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment